Saturday, March 30, 2013

Altered Art Dresser

Hello All! Well, it worked. I put my list out there and now
 I am so excited to get things done and share them with you. 
Yes, I know right now it seems like they are more decorating projects,
 but I always seem to need scrapbook paper somewhere in my projects! 
Here is the latest, and I even took pictures as I worked this time! 
Hope you like it as much as I do. 

But First, A reminder of what it looked like when I started.
 
And Here is my lovely new Dresser, that I LOVE!!!

When I started this piece, I wanted to paint it all black,
 but that was just way too dark, so 
I wanted to come up with something to lighted it up a bit. 


Scrapbook paper is only 12" wide, so that means I would have to have
seams along the drawer fronts.
That was just not the look I wanted, so I got to thinking, 
"How would I avoid the seams when I scrapbook large frames?"  
by covering the seams with torn paper or ribbon. 
So, I got to work tearing paper...
What paper would look best? I started laying it all out to help me decide. 
 I just did not have enough of the right colors, so off to Crafty Paradise I went.
 And as soon as I walked in the door... there it was 
the perfect combination of colors, and patterns!!!! wooo hooo! 

Then I modge podged my little heart out! and only messed up once. 
Lucky for me I over buy in paper... the only thing left to do was add drawer pulls. 
You know what that means... another trip out, this time to Hobby Lobby
only the BEST place to get knobs, and pulls, and hooks, and 
almost any awesome decorating do dad like that!!! 
 After debating and talking with my sister on the phone 
while standing staring at all the options... here is what I picked...

The little ones for the smaller drawers on top, and the larger for the ones on bottom.
One more time for the finished piece...

I am sooo happy with the way this turned out! And I would love to hear from you too!! comment


Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I love hearing from you!!!
It makes me smile!