Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Altered Jewelery Box

I altered an old jewelery box of Madison's for a friend of mine.
and this is the story of this project

It turned out Great, 
but it wasn't an easy project like I imagined...

It started out like this...

I had to mix the pink paint to get the right color, and it took lots of coats of paint
So,of course I ran out before the doors were painted, and didn't have anymore to mix, oops!
So, I had to come up with something to do with the doors...


Wow,  what a happy accident! I think the door look great with purple! 
 the doors had really ugly plastic inserts, so they had to go! 
I made these with pretty pattern papers that incorporated both pink and purple.
 Then, the handles on the door had broken, so I had to come up with another idea for handles
I used some vintage earrings and cut a hole in the center of each and painted all the handles black.
then used a screw to hold it all to the door.



 So, there is my not so quick, quick altered art for a gift. 
But it really was fun!
And so totally cute ~ I almost wanted to keep it!!!


Lots of Love,

2 comments:

  1. Ashley call your friend Mary Ellen I want to order a layout!!!! Hope to hear from you soon

    Love Ya Mary ELlen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selling Your Jewelry: Triumph or Tragedy?

    Which is more enjoyable, getting a root trench, making good on your assessments, or selling your gems? Not a very remarkable decision, but rather following is some information that can remove the disappointment from selling your adornments. What's more, answer the hard inquiries like: Will I get a reasonable cost for my adornments? Or on the other hand did I pay excessively?

    The two basic subject matters to get the best cost for your gems are the variables that decide the worth of home gems and the alternatives to selling it. Does this mean you need to turn into a gemologist just to sell your gems? No. Be that as it may, some schoolwork and note taking can mean a lot greater cost paid for your gems. How about we start with what decides the worth of bequest gems.



    vdi bijoux et accessoires

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much! I love hearing from you!!!
It makes me smile!